Location: San Diego, CA
Posted Date: Feb 11th, 2013
Position Type: Full Time
Job Code: Senior Scientist, Assay Development
Required Education: Bs.C. Master or Doctorate
Areas of Expertise Desired: Biochemistry
Experienced Scientist, Assay Development (San Diego)
Xen Biofluidx is a rapidly growing California developer of point of care assays. We have an attractive opening for an experienced Scientist for assay development with significant background in the development of assays for therapeutic proteins, disease markers and commercial diagnostic applications.
The successful candidate will have
ASSAY DEVELOPMENT: extensive hands-on experience with various immuno-based diagnostic techniques, such as ELISA, lateral flow rapid test, homogeneous assays and other biosensor-based analytical & diagnostic instrumentation.
ANTIBODY DEVELOPMENT, monoclonal ab, phage display, converting mAb into expression vectors.
Focus will include commercial development of protocols for binding assays, immobilization of ligands, and the preparation of membrane and biosensor surfaces oriented to specific customer applications.
- Develop high performance systems for bioresearch, bioprocess development, and near-patient diagnostic applications including antibody screening, production and purification, antibody-antigen, ligand-receptor, and protein-protein interactions monitoring.
- Develop and perform assays for product development, process validation and quality control analysis.
- Plan, design and perform scientific experiments to benchmark system performance.
- Work closely with other Scientists and Engineers to provide scientific inputs related to company products.
- Ability to interact with end users to identify needs and organize for specific customer applications.
- Preferably Ph.D. in chemistry, Biochemistry or Immunology or related fields with at least three years experience in the development of immuno-based diagnostic assays in a commercial environment.
- Prior work with analytical & diagnostic instrumentation, biosensors, lateral flow and/or colorimetric assay development.
- Monoclonal antibody development is a big plus.
- Strong quantitative intuition, plus excellent experimental design and data analysis skills.
- Be a 'hands-on' person who welcomes challenges, works independently or as part of a team, and has the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Have prior experience in development and validation of ligand binding assays is a plus.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- The ability to understand and communicate technical scientific information to a wide range of customers.
- Proficient in using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Flexibility, creativity and an internal-motivation to succeed.
To Apply: Please send your cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compensation based upon experience.
- Principals only. Recruiters please do not respond to this job poster.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or other commercial interests.
- Absolutely no phone calls on this ad!